Saturday 3 October 2009

When you are a TA

There are so many things you just except, like kids scratching their Nit infested heads, kids carrying the little grey sick bowls, most of which end up being worn as a hat when they realise that however much they look at you with those sad eyes, they are NOT going home !!
I can even cope with the occasional mishap of little puddles on the floor.......but I will NEVER ever get used to snot!

Often a child will come up with it on their finger asking for a tissue, but last week a little boy who I will call Dan was sat next to me on the carpet. As I looked at him he pulled his finger out of his nose followed by a string of snot ( I am heaving just thinking about it) !!! Then he put it straight in his mouth.....I was in pieces , I ran out of class and stood outside the door for a good few minutes trying to stop myself from puking, (very unprofessional I know) . Eventually I was calm enough to go back to class eyes still streaming......''Are you ok Miss G'' asked my teacher, ''we all wondered where you had got to , didnt we children? ''

At lunch time , however, Dan refused point blank to eat his peas , Obviously full up from his little feast. Eeeuuuwww!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ugggh....I know what you mean when it comes to snot. I'm a TA myself, I can handle pretty much everything, but boogers just make me ill. Had a student the other day digging for gold and eating the spoils...barf!